Thursday, March 15, 2012

My favorite day in March; The White Day *grin*

In Japan, during valentines, instead of the boys giving present to the girls (as we know the way it supposed to be), the girls are those who have to give. Hey, but in here valentine's means more than that. Giving chocolates to the opposite sex is now became a social obligation. Don't ask me more about it but it is a Japanese way of celebrating valentine's.
To make this celebration more interesting, region like China, Taiwan, Korea and last but not least, Japan came out with their own unique celebration, which I assumed does not associated with any religious beliefs, called The White Day.
I bet those of big fans of Japanese stuff, should know this days well huh.
I got this from wikipedia; 

"On White Day, the converse happens: males who received a honmei-choco (本命チョコ?, "chocolate of love") or giri-choco (義理チョコ?, "courtesy chocolate") on Valentine's Day are expected to return the favor by giving gifts. Traditionally, popular White Day gifts are cookiesjewelrywhite chocolate, white lingerie and marshmallows.[1] Sometimes the term sanbai gaeshi (三倍返し?, literally, "triple the return") is used to describe the generally recited rule that the return gift should be two to three times the cost of the Valentine's gift.[2] "

Then all made sense to me. No wonder I didn't just gets chocolates, I did get many other stuff too ^_^
Here I share some of my collections of yesterday:P LOL XD

the sweets.

Our most favorites..we were jumping like a kid when we opened this:P keke..



A box of cookie and a bookmark.

Kobe chocolates and cookies

comel kan usagi ni>,< brilliant ideas for choco packaging. ribbon tu is actually a cute hairband:D
My lunch and dinner since yesterday...hehe


The famous Hiroshima butter cake-according to them. Lol XD
Honestly, all of the above gifts cannot be measured with gifts I WILL GET (hopefully) from the one I LOVE MOST (hint:hubby). and..yes i still won't celebrate valentines:P

p/s: Adoiiii...besnya white day :D

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...