Monday, November 10, 2014

Bad month

Yours truly is supposed to be adoring October since there are so many wonderful people who was born in this month. The closest to me is of course the love of my life and his beautiful mother. However, the year 2014 has brought some bad memories to me instead. It was so ridiculously unfortunate that you would have a hard time to believe my story. Here are the list of endless unfortunate events that have befallen on me since day 1 of October 2014.

1) On October 1st, 2014, I felt something off in my mouth. You know, the kind of annoying pain you feel when you have ulcers in your mouth. I told myself that it is the time of the year for me to deal with ulcer. I rarely get ulcers in the mouth, hence my low tolerance to the discomfort in renders. The next day, I realized that it wasn't ulcers, but it was pericoronitis; the type of infection you get when you have an erupting wisdom teeth. Yeah, our worst nightmare. I have been contemplating in extracting my other two wisdom tooth as the x-ray image did not show any problem for it to naturally grow as the space is or was enough. But, that was 3 years ago. They must have grown bigger and making way out of the gingiva. 
         It was also irony for me as I was just finished my task to teach the undergraduate students about pericoronitis. The next class they saw me with half swollen cheek. I could have just taught them with my real infection, then -___-"

2) After a few days with antibiotics, I could then eat properly. I'm back with cheerful mood as I always set myself into in the month of October. It was weekend again, and we went cycling around town, getting our brunch and shop a little. The kind of weekend I love. Then, on the way home, I was hit by a huge super bike while I was cycling in a straight bicycle lane. Now I know how it feels to get involved in a road accident. When my husband asked me what happened, I can't answer. I just could not remember how it happened. The chronology. I have no memory at all. All I remember was I managed to break, and thrown off. Luckily, I landed on a mozaic floor. I escaped the accident with no apparent injuries. When the motorcyclist approached me, I think I was giggling while trying to stable my shivering body. It was involuntary, I swear. Then my husband came. He saw the accident as he  cycled just in front of me. The motorcyclist and me said sorry to each other and left the scene peacefully. I tried to get onto my bicycle with shiver. 
     It was very hard to hit the paddle home, but I made it. Just because our home is just 2 minutes away. Soon after I reached home, I checked my body for any injuries, there are none. But a minute after that, I saw red, nasty bruises appear in many parts of my body. I thought, well, it's just bruises. Then I lied down thinking to hold my body together cause I still shiver. After 10 minutes, I tried to get up, I can't! My joint and muscles were all sore! I've never felt anything like this. Sitting down and getting up a few days after was difficult tasks. Fortunately for me, it was a long weekend for Japan. I spent it lying on the sofa, temporarily handicapped.

3) I went to work although my leg still sore. I was very happy to finally out of the house. I was so looking forward to the next weekend because it was my husband's birthday. I am excited to spend the Friday with shopping for the present and cake stuff. Alhamdulillah, when Friday came, I was healthy. I went to various places searching for the right gift. 
   I decided to make pulut kuning instead, for he will be turning 30. I came home early preparing the pulut tuning and everything. Hiding his present and pretend like I don't care. When the clock struck 12, I made him blow candles on top of a heart-shaped pulut kuning. I remember I was so hyper that night and I sleep high in happy hormone as he loves his birthday gift! (which is so rare cause I could never get him the right thing T_T). 
May Allah s.w.t grant this man with longevity, prosperity and happy family of his own. 

   The next morning, the day I have so many plans for him turning 3 series, I woke up with sore throat. The kind of sore which you know fever is coming. I felt so sad, but I fought the feeling and went through with the plan. When the day ends, the fever gets really nasty. 
October 18th, morning. My body already hinting that they are going to get a long holiday...

    I suffered fever, flu and cough for more than a week! Normally, Japanese doesn't like to be around sick people. I mean, sickness which are infectious. So, I didn't come to work for a week! sigh..So unproductive, I tell you.

4) The fever and flu gone first, but the cough is quite persistent. That might be due to the fact that I did not take meds for that. And, I don't know why Japan doesn't have the cough syrup like we used to have in Malaysia. Anyway, when I think this illness is no more infectious, I decided to finally come to work. I was so spirited the night before. My Japanese friend told me, "Don't worry Wani, after you have 3 consequent unfortunate events, the forth one would be in a very long time." 
I believe her until..the next morning I wake up with the most terrible hives in my life! Instead of cycling to work, I cycled to the private clinic before its opening time! It was so terrible I can feel it moves towards my face! It started from the bottom half of your body. That morning, it already infested the top of head, making me feels like wearing a very think scarf! I tried not to scratch the hives although it was so itchy like hell. When the doctor saw me, his jaw literally dropped and prescribed me with 2 weeks anti-histamine. Until today, we still don't know the factor.

Panjang tak?

Yea, that's how I endure the bad month of October.
I felt like myself again on my birthday, the last day of October.
From that day, everything seems to fall into its place again.


To 30 more years of life. InshaAllah.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...