Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Home made rusk

Do you have left overs loaf at home? 
Why don't you turn it into a rusk. 

Here's how ^_^

1) Pre-heat your oven at 200 degree celcius.

2) Spread butter and sugar on top.
Spread lots of butter and sprinkle some sugar (according to the sweetness level you desired) on it.
 3) Arrange bite-sized loaf on baking pan and baked for 20 minutes or until the top turned golden.
Cut the loaf to a bite size or just leave it like that. How ever you would prefer. I love the bite size:) Susun on a baking pan.
 4) Let it cool at room temperature.
When it first came out of the oven, expect rusk to be a little bit soft. When it is cool, it will become hard and officially turned to rusk ^_^

My kind of snack:) A bottle of rusk to accompany me watching baseball on TV tonight:)

Well, here are some tips I would like to share with you to get a better rusk. I write this according to my experience of making rusk for years!
1) Use butter, not margarine. Of course if you dislike the strong taste of milk, then you should use margarine.
2) Use thinner bread/loaf. I usually make rusk out of leftover loaf, so mine usually aren't perfect because most of the loaf here are thick.
3) The best kind of bread to make rusk in my opinion is baguette. The bread is already dry, so it will come out so crispy and not that tanned-looking (which I would prefer).

Feel free to add more, dear experience rusk-makers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...